Body Builders Network
- Natural Bodybuilding
- We at Body Builders Network welcome your requests for advice. Go ahead, ask us for advice by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will find our advice replies to you requests here, in our Natural Bodybuilding Column.
- Q: I don't have access to a gym, how can I take a natural approach to bodybuilding?
- Some people feel that they need a lot of fancy expensive equipment to get a good work out. Not so! Using some creativity, and the resources surrounding you, a sound training program can be developed to get you on your way to seeing results. I will go over exercises you can do that will ensure you of a great workout, with little or no equipment at all.
- Push-ups: I would use all different hand spacing and placing. (Hands wide, hands narrow, hands pointed out, hands pointed in, etc.) Perform 6 sets for as many reps as you can. You can even elevate your feet on a step or chair for added resistance.
- Pull-ups: These may be difficult at first, but keep trying them. You may be only able to get 1 or 2. Find a beam or door way that you can do pull-ups on. If they are too difficult, have a chair underneath you and use your feet to help "spot" you and give you some help where needed. Also try different hand grips (over hand, underhand).
One-arm dumbbell rows: Lean on a chair or on a bench with your back parallel to the floor. With one arm, pull the dumbbell up and back into your waist, like starting a lawn mower. Repeat with the other arm. Do 3 sets to failure.
- Free Standing Squats: Squat up and down as many times as you can. I would do 4-5 sets of 50 to 100 non-stopping reps.
Walking Lunges: With a dumbbell in each hand, lunge forward with one leg, then repeat with the other. Do 3 sets of walking lunges until failure.
Shoulders: Dumbbell shoulder press: Press the dumbbells straight over your head. Pick a weight that you can handle for 10-15 reps or as many as you can do. 3 sets to failure.
Front Raises: with a light pair of dumbells, raise them in front of you to eye height.
Side laterals: Raise the dumbells straight out to your sides.
Rear laterals: Bend over, and raise the dumbells straight back.
Perform 3 sets of each exercise for as many reps as possible.
- Dumbbell Bicep Curl: With a dumbbell in each arm, curl them up one arm or both arms at a time. 4 sets to failure
Close grip pull ups: With a reverse grip and hands close together, pull yourself up as many times as you can. 3 sets to failure.
Close grip push ups: with hands narrow or together, do as many push-ups as you can. 3 sets, as many as you can do.
Triceps bench dips: With 2 benches or chairs parallel to each other, place both your feet on one of them, and sit on the other. Feet staying on one bench, lower yourself down, and with your arms, push yourself back up to the starting position. 3 sets for as many as you can do.
- ABS and CALVES:
- Crunches, leg lifts, side twists: do 3 sets of each to failure
Standing calf raise: Standing on a step with you heels hanging off, rise yourself as high on your tip toes as you can, then lower your heels as low as they can stretch. Repeat. DO 4-6 sets of as many as possible until an intense burn sets in.
- I would walk or jog for at least 30 min a day for the fat burning and cardiovascular benefits.
- EAT RIGHT:
- You know what is good to eat and what is not. Make sure you can get in about 5 small meals a day. Make sure each one has a good source of protein, a serving of complex carbohydrates, and a serving of green vegetables. The meals should be big enough to just last you until your next meal.
I would divide the body into 3 days. 1) Chest, Shoulder, Triceps 2) LEGS, 3) Back and Biceps, then take a day or two off.
As you can see there is plenty to do. With these exercises not only can you get a great workout, but you can also build an impressive physique, and burn quite a bit of body fat. You must work hard and be consistent to see the gains and progress you desire. Train Hard, Train Smart!
- We welcome your comments and suggestions. Please feel free to e-mail us and tell us what you would like to see, here on Body Builders Network.
Body Builders Network
Top Of Page